PLAN NOW TO CAMP!
We are going car camping at Isle Du Bois for up to 3 nights - October 6 - 8, 2011.
Jake Jacobson has his registration. You should get yours.
Here's what you should do if you want to go:
1. Go online and make a reservation today.
2. We are making reservations for 3 nights, so we will have choice of campsites on Thursday (before the weekend crowd). You can reserve fewer nights if you don't mind having a smaller choice and/or not being near the gang.
Here's how we actually execute the plan:
3. After work on Thursday (or earlier if you are similarly underemployed - like Jake and Jerry Daniel), you will drive to Deer Ridge and occupy a site (set up a tent or pop up your trailer) as close to the secret flag as you can. Reserve it for three nights.
4. For people who don't want to camp three nights, your site is now reserved. Go home and pretend nothing happened. But you will be smirking all day at work thinking about your perfect campsite that is now waiting for you.
Other stray thoughts:
5. Money saving Ideas - Sites are $25 per night. However, Each site can have 8 people in it. So 2 families of four can share a site. If this describes you - find a family to partner with. This is also a really smart time to buy a Texas State Parks Pass for $60. This gives you free admission to the park and 50% off camping if you stay more than one night. So, with two families in a site and at least one of them having a Park Pass, your per night cost is ... a lot cheaper. Really cheap if you rationalize buying the park pass and then don't count it in the final math because you are going to use it before the end of the year. HA!
6. SCHOLARSHIPS - If money is the only issue keeping your family from participating in this scheme, let me know privately and we will solve that problem. If money is not an issue and (whether you are a camper or not) you would like to donate to the scholarship fund - let me know. It will all work out.
7. The program committee is hereby instructed to plan a boring service for October 9.
Contact Thomas Gonzalez at email@example.com
Here's a pic from this past spring of our first (successful) camping trip.