Monday, December 12, 2011

a note from the minister

I am filled with gratitude and joy for all the hard work and commitment that was represented in our congregational meeting yesterday and what it means for me as your minister. I am profoundly grateful to step into the role of being your full-time minister beginning January 1, 2012.

In 2010 just as I had completed my internship and was ready for a job, I was delighted that you had a half-time position AND in the town where I was already living. The timing and the location were perfect, but more importantly I have loved every aspect of my job and have loved every one of you. When I look out at this congregation on Sunday morning and sneak hugs and handshakes as you walk in the door, I feel at home. When you invite me into your homes in your darkest hours and in your greatest celebrations, I am honored by your trust and humbled by your faith. The thought of doing this full-time and starting so soon makes me giddy and so very joyful.

Having lived on both coasts, I never imagined myself settling down in Texas, but I am loving being a Denton resident and watching such wonderful additions unfolding (a growing community market, bike lanes, LGBTQ resources, a SCRAP store, restaurants with vegan options like Seven Mile Cafe…). I am proud to be from Denton and honored to be among so many of you from Denton Unitarian Universalist Fellowship who are leading the way to create such important and enriching contributions in our larger community.

Thank you for your trust in me and for all the ways that you enrich my life and inspire me daily. I look forward to all that we will do together in 2012!

Love and light,

Rev. Pam