Child Care Worker
Hours: Sundays from 8:15 am – 1:00 pm, and/or Wednesday evenings from 7:00 pm – 9:00, and/or any other special events
Pay: $10.00 per hour
Reporting Relationship: RE Director (DRE)
Safety and Security – Acts to ensure the safety and security of children.
1. Follows “check-in” procedures, insuring that the nursery is ready before families arrive.
2. Follows “pick-up” procedures; organizes/stores/sanitizes toys and materials to ensure organized and uncluttered activity areas; returns the nursery to it’s “ready” state before leaving.
3. Observes/monitors children and alerts parents, guardians, or RE Director regarding signs of emotional or behavior problems.
4. Responds quickly and effectively to emergencies.
5. Helps provide a healthy, safe, and welcoming environment.
Relationship With Adults – Develops cooperative, supportive relationships with parents and members.
1. Initiates conversations and personal introductions with newcomers, parents, and members.
2. Meets and greets parents and children.
3. Treats others with courtesy and respect.
Relationship With Children – Develops caring and constructive relationships with children.
1. Exhibits patience and self-control.
2. Instructs children in health and personal habits as needed.
3. Engages children in developmentally appropriate activities such as reading, singing, painting, drawing or other play activities.
Work Habits – Is reliable, punctual, and professional.
1. Reliable with respect to attendance. If unable to attend, will notify the DRE as soon as possible.
2. Arrives on time – not later than 15 minutes prior to program start.
3. Documents work hours.
4. Appears professional in dress and hygiene.
Coordinating Activities – Coordinates with the RE Director.
1. Assists the RE Director in coordinating volunteer workers.
2. Assists with other aspects of RE when available (e.g. playground duty)
3. Notifies RE Director of any facility needs.
Other related duties as assigned.
Ability to work well with infants and young children. Ability to communicate and interact well with adults. Exhibits responsibility, punctuality and dependability. Exhibits patience, self-control, flexibility and can handle stress well. Understands and practices our first principle – to honor the inherent worth and dignity of every person. Treats everyone with respect. Ability to pass a background check Can provide 3 references
To Apply: Contact Sue Lowry at firstname.lastname@example.org