Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Drum Circle on Thursday, April 11

 
As part of our "Centering Thursdays" weekly program, Denton Unitarian Universalist Fellowship will be hosting a drum circle on Thursday, April 11 at 7:00pm. Open to all. You may bring your own drum or borrow one from El Lobo, the group leader. El Lobo shares, "I began hanging out at drum circles in 1995, then started collecting drums and drumming wherever I could. Drumming has always been that heartbeat and rhythm of life. I have promoted drum circles in San Antonio and Tarrant county but now live in Denton. I also play with a local band called It Is What It Is and is known for its Sufi drum style. Drumming helps me keep balance with my day-to-day job and more recreational life outside of job."

Older children and youth are invited to participate. Childcare will be available for younger children.